TRIN Indicator problems with the latest version of TradeStation 8.3 – Build 1615. TradeStation has just released an updated version, called Build 1615. Unfortunately this build has a number of problems AND TradeStation is upgrading their data farm this weekend. The result is a lot of angst for TradeStation users.
First of all, if you have NOT upgraded to the latest version and are still using Build 1419 – stick with it and don't upgrade yet.
The problem with the latest TradeStation build has to do with some combinations of multi-data charts that cause analysis techniques to be turned off after receiving archive data. The Better TRIN indicators use these multi-data charts and problems arise when you try and add any other indicator onto a Better TRIN indicator chart.
The solution is to rollback to TradeStation Build 1419. TradeStation has released a further upgrade – Build 1630 – but judging from the forums, this has even more problems with it. Here's how I suggest you rollback to Build 1419:
- When you rollback you will not be able to access any charts or EasyLanguage files that have been written in Build 1615, so
- In Build 1615 back up any EasyLanguage indicators and systems that you have developed since upgrading to Build 1615
- Also make notes of the indicators and systems you have added to any new workspaces or charts since upgrading
- Go to Program Files > TradeStation 8.3 (Build 1419) > Program > find ORPlat
- First, right click on ORPlat and Create Shortcut, then move this shortcut to your desktop or where you launch programs from
- Then, double click on ORPlat and when you are asked to Activate Build 1419 click 'Yes'
- I found I also had to re-start my computer to get things running correctly
You will now be running the stable version of TradeStation and the Better TRIN indicators will work as normal. Re-create any new charts that you added under Build 1615. I suggest waiting for the next TradeStation build before upgrading.
Remember, TradeStaiton is also upgrading their data farms this weekend and so downloading data may or may not work for you. You can still work offline but will not have current data. You can either wait for TradeStation to finish their upgrade or try to use another data server by following File > Preferences > TradeStation Network.
Despite these occasional problems with TradeStatation I am still a big fan. I think EasyLanguage is the easiest programming language to use and the functionality of TradeStation is superb. The software is very sophisticated and I suppose you have to expect these occasional problems.
We got the large range break down expected on Friday. I'm still short from 1,379 based on a Better TRIN system and waiting for the Better TRIN Indicator Oscillator to turn up. Good luck with your Emini trading.